- Hugging a lover should last at least a few seconds longer than platonic hugs
- Unless you’ve hugged the person before, don’t hug without asking first. In addition, use your best judgment in choosing when and where to hug someone. In certain situations you might be embarrassed to be seen hugging someone else.
- A good approach in any relationship is to walk up to the person from a few feet away with your arms open.
- If you’re a guy and you’re going for a more intimate hug, place your head on her shoulder and kiss her neck gently.
- In a “manly hug”, it is common to pat twice on the back before disengaging.
- Tip for guys- girls especially love it when you come up from behind and wrap your arms round their waist and hug them tight (not too tight though!).
- Girls like tight hugs so be sure to squeeze them a little, not too tight though!
- Smile, be warm and inviting if you’re going to hug your crush.
- Smile the whole time. Smiling is a great way to show that you care about that person, and not just hugging random people for the sake of it. But don’t be all grinning-like, and over-cheery. Be natural, a curve of the lips is more than enough.
- Gently wrap your arms around her neck. If she is tall, then under their arms, but light your head on her chest. Make it romantic but not too romantic.